Sunday, March 10, 2013

10 on 10: März//Monica

9AM//Arriving at the church building {okay fine I cheated, I took this picture when we left}
 photo IMG_6759_zpsb0a37a77.jpg
10AM//Singing the closing hymn.
 photo IMG_6754_zpsac2696e7.jpg
10AMISH//There were 3 of us teachers in nursery for 1 child so I went to Sunday school...but then realized it was too boring{not understanding any of it} so went back down to nursery.
 photo Untitled-1_zps7fe0401f.jpg
11AM//Nursery with Presley and Claudia
 photo Untitled-2_zps163c0c17.jpg
Noon//Driving off to eat lunch at Jachen's dad's.
 photo IMG_6760_zps11b8c81e.jpg
Jachen's dad made my FAVORITE potato salad he made for us in the Summer. He sent me home with left overs. Sauce made from bouillon broth, mayo, milk and vinegar...and some herbs. Delish.
 photo IMG_6761_zpse04c2430.jpg
His dad, Gian, also gave me these place matts of Fasnacht. I am a sucker for all things traditional Swiss.
 photo IMG_6762_zpsd661f23a.jpg
1300ish//Gian finally getting the gifts we bought him while at home for Christmas.
 photo IMG_6763_zps452cf95a.jpg
No idea what time//Talking about genealogy. And then shortly after this I feel asleep on the couch while his dad and him talked for another hour.
 photo IMG_6764_zps7e4f58a9.jpg
1530//Seeing a sign for a Yodeling concert while driving home and decided to stop and get the info for it so we can go. Jachen hates Swiss yodeling, but I think Swiss yodeling is pretty.
  photo IMG_6766_zps8c8db59b.jpg
1600ish//Hanging out on the bed...Jachen reading "Teachings of Salvation", me trying to get rid of my headache.
 photo IMG_6767_zpsf7105a74.jpg
1700//playing a long game of War with our new deck of cards. We got this deck in Germany yesterday, it has pictures of places and landmarks on the Bodensee {the Bodensee is the lake we live on that has Switzerland, Germany and Austria surrounding it}
 photo IMG_6768_zpsf7ce1c92.jpg
1830//Dinner. That would be duck Ramen noodles for Jachen and curry noodles for me. Bread with Gruyere cheese on top. Sometimes you just need an easy meal.
 photo IMG_6769_zpsb128a4dd.jpg

I was supposed to skype my parents this evening {before their church}, buuttt didn't know they had daylight savings already and we missed them. So bummed.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

That was a great 10 on 10, thanks for sharing all that. Did Jachen's dad like all his gifts? You gotta go to the yodeling thing and take some video to share with all of us! Sorry Jachen, you will just have to tough it out.

stephanie said...

Yeah, I want to know about Gian's gifts - how he liked them.

I didn't recognize the church building, then realized it was taken from (what I think of as) the side.